The annual NRN Power List is the definitive list of people setting foodservice trends today and shaping them for tomorrow. See the full list >>
Alice Elliot, founder and CEO, The Elliot Group
• Alice Elliot has been a premier restaurant executive head hunter for 35 years, connecting talented people and demanding positions.
• Elliot, who initially started the company for hospitality and restaurant recruitment, has expanded The Elliot Group into retail, private-equity, lifestyle brand and service sectors with the three divisions: Elliot Associates, Elliot Advantage and Elliot Productions.
• The New York native started her corporate executive match-making efforts out of her one-bedroom apartment in 1984, calling fast-food restaurants to help assistant managers find jobs.
• The company now has offices in California, Colorado, Georgia, New Hampshire, Texas, Virginia and New York, where the company is based.
• With the unemployment rate at 3.9 percent, the demand for executive search has become more acute, putting The Elliot Group in an even more influential spot.