Denny’s is updating its $2 $4 $6 $8 Value Menu with five new items, including a fried cheese sandwich and a nacho salad, the chain said Friday.
John Dillon, vice president of marketing for the Spartanburg, S.C.-based chain of more than 1,500 family-dining restaurants, said the new items would replace existing items on the menu, though he would not say which ones. Click here to see the original menu.
“The $2 $4 $6 $8 menu changes are more about optimizing the menu versus expanding it,” he said. “We are bringing … five new items, but the total [number of value menu offerings] will stay at 16.”
Dillon said the five new items, which will debut Aug. 24, were included on the value menu “based on consumer feedback and research.”
The new items are:
• Cheese quesadilla, made with a flour tortilla, filled with cheddar cheese and topped with pico de gallo and sour cream, $2
• Fried cheese melt, made with four fried mozzarella sticks and melted American cheese grilled between two slices of sourdough bread. It is served with French fries and a side of marinara sauce, $4
• Nacho salad, made with specially seasoned ground beef and topped with shredded cheddar cheese, pico de gallo and sour cream on a bed of lettuce. Served with flour tortillas, $6
• Bacon chipotle skillet, includes grilled chicken topped with crisp bacon, a smoky blend of cheeses and chipotle sauce. It is served with two sides and dinner bread, plus choice of soft drink or coffee, $8
• Fried shrimp platter, includes 10 deep-fried shrimp served with French fries, coleslaw, cocktail sauce and dinner bread, plus choice of drink or coffee, $8
In a conference call Tuesday after reporting second-quarter results, Denny's interim chief executive Debra Smithart-Oglesby said the value menu had increased guest counts every month since it was rolled out in April.
“We will continue to utilize and promote our everyday affordability proposition … through a refreshed $2 $4 $6 $8 menu that will include new items as well as compelling new [limited time offers],” she said during the call, a transcript of which was provided by SeekingAlpha.com.
Contact Elissa Elan at [email protected].