Seasons 52, the seasonally influenced grill and wine bar concept owned and operated by Darden Restaurants, said it will debut a new line of summer food and beverage offerings June 21.
Like all menu items offered by Seasons 52, the new dishes will contain no more than 475 calories each. Seasons 52 changes its menu four times a year while accommodating weekly fresh features.
“Summer brings a bounty of fresh produce Seasons 52 will use to create unique, exciting dishes ideal for warm-weather dining,” senior director of culinary Cliff Pleau said in a statement.
“The crisp, bright flavors of sweet corn, ripe blueberries, and juicy tomatoes are some of the prominently featured ingredients on Season 52’s new summer menu, in addition to freshly caught fish such as snapper and halibut.”
Seasons 52 summer menu includes such dishes as:
• BLT Flatbread: Applewood bacon, organic arugula and tricolored organic tomatoes, oven-baked on flatbread and finished with basil sour cream.
• Organic Tomato Tapenade: Three-color organic tomatoes roasted with green and black olive tapenade and topped with shaved Parmesan.
• Grilled Pacific Wild Halibut: Served over sweet corn risotto with haricots verts in a spicy tomato broth.
• Fieldale Farms All-Natural BBQ Chicken: Served with Yukon Gold garlic mashed potatoes and fresh roasted corn salad.
• Grilled Red Snapper Piperade: Marinated in achiote, and served over jicama piperade and braised black beans.
• Blueberry Cheesecake Mini Indulgence: Double-crusted New York-style cheesecake with blueberry sauce and fresh berries.
Prices at Seasons 52 vary across the country, but in general appetizers and flatbreads range from $4 to $11, entrées run from $8 to $26, and mini indulgences are between $2.50 and $2.75, a spokesman said.
Seasons 52 also is introducing a new cocktail — the Strawberry Coconut Skinny Martini. It is a blend of strawberry-infused vodka, coconut water and agave nectar, which contains fewer calories than drinks prepared with coconut cream.
In addition, the Orlando, Fla.-based chain will offer two new wines by the glass: Chateau Roustaing 2009, Bordeaux, and a Wrongo Dongo Mourvedre.
Seasons 52 operates 17 restaurants in 10 states. The chain is planning to open a new location in McLean, Va., this month, and two more in Naples and Jacksonville, Fla., later this year. Future openings include Kansas City, Mo., Oak Brook, Ill., and Garden City, N.Y., in spring 2012, and Santa Monica, Calif., in fall 2012.
Contact Alan Snel at [email protected].
Follow him on Twitter: @Alansnelnrn