IRVINE Calif. The 42-unit Ruby’s Diner chain will begin introducing a line of Ultimate Kobe Burgers on Feb. 2, parent company Ruby Restaurant Group said Monday.
The burgers, priced at $9.99 each, feature American Kobe beef and will be offered in five varieties:
- The All-American, which features melted cheddar, lettuce, tomato, red onion and sun-dried tomato mayonnaise
- The Greek, topped with melted feta, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber tzatziki sauce and roasted garlic mayo
- The BBQ Cheddar, with barbecue sauce, caramelized onions, cheddar, tomato and sun-dried tomato mayo
- The Cobb with smoked bacon, melted blue cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato and sun-dried tomato mayo
- The Portobello Provolone, with grilled portobello mushrooms, caramelized onions, melted provolone cheese and roasted garlic mayo
The burgers are expected to be available throughout all of Ruby's 32 Southern California locations by March and will be rolled out to the rest of the chain's restaurants later this year.
Ruby’s said the menu addition was a response to customer demand for more gourmet burgers at the Irvine, Calif.-based casual-dining chain, which is known for its burgers, shakes and fries in a 1940s style-diner.