The Blimpie sandwich chain on Monday launched a lighter menu line that will be promoted by Arizona Cardinals running back Chris “Beanie” Wells.
Dubbed “The Lighter Stuff,” the new menu line features six items, all with fewer than 400 calories and 6 grams of fat.
“Being a professional athlete, nutritious, wholesome meals are an important part of my daily routine,” Wells said. “Now with The Lighter Stuff menu, Blimpie has made it even easier and tastier for me to stay on point with my health and fitness goals.”
Wells said his favorite sandwich is the Deli Trio, which includes ham, turkey, roast beef and tomatoes, lettuce and onion. A 6-inch version is about 330 calories.
Other new additions include:
- Asian Teriyaki Sub, with grilled chicken breast and onion in a sweet teriyaki sauce
- Veggie Salad Sub, with lettuce, tomato, onion, banana peppers, roasted red peppers, black olives and vinegar
- Turkey and Sweet & Spice Mustard Sub, with turkey, tomato, lettuce, onion and sweet and spicy mustard
- Ham and Pepper Relish Sub, with ham and tomatoes topped with a relish of banana, sweet and red peppers and black olives
- Buffalo Chicken Salad, with lettuce topped with Buffalo chicken breast, tomatoes, onion and banana peppers.
With more than 1,000 locations across the country and in Kuwait, Blimpie is part of Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Kahala Corp.'s group of franchised brands.
Contact Lisa Jennings at [email protected]