Bahama Breeze Island Grille has introduced a small-plates and skinny cocktails menu, as casual-dining chains vary menu price points and appeal to calorie-conscious adult beverage drinkers.
The division of Orlando, Fla.-based Darden Restaurants Inc. has priced the new small plates starting at $2.99 and all are under $7. The menu is available at both lunch and dinner.
“It's easy to mix and match and try any combination of great tastes with your friends,” said Peter Olsacher, executive chef and director of culinary and beverage development for Bahama Breeze.
The small plates menu includes:
• White Bean Hummus: seasoned with roasted red pepper, it is served with baked flatbread crackers and fresh vegetables
• Steamed Edamame: served with ginger-infused sea salt
• Tomato Salsa and Chips: served with corn tortilla chips and salted plantain chips
• Truffled Yucca Fries: lightly drizzled with truffle oil
• Sweet Peruvian Corn Cakes: served with roasted pineapple salsa and butter
• Ham 'n Cheese Croquettes: served with a mustard aioli dipping sauce, and a salsa of black beans, roasted corn and tomatoes
• Chicken Empanadas: pastries filled with adobo-seasoned chicken, mushrooms, sweet peppers and onion, and served with seasoned sour cream and a salsa of black beans, roasted corn and tomatoes
• Mojo-marinated Pork and Sweet Plantains: served with smoky guava barbecue sauce and a salsa of black beans, roasted corn and tomatoes
The skinny cocktails start at 103 calories, the company said.
“It was really important to us, though, to make sure that guests looking for a lighter, lower-calorie adult drink could still enjoy all the refreshing tropical flavor we're known for,” Olsacher said.
The four new cocktails are: a Skinny Mojito, a premium five-citrus margarita, a Skinny Paloma (tequila, fruit vodka, grapefruit juice and soda) and a Skinny Citrus Cooler (citrus vodka, five-citrus mix and grapefruit soda).
Bahama Breeze has 26 locations in 12 states.