Sponsored by Mondelēz International
Church's Texas Chicken
Description: What a better way to combine the delicious marriage of chocolate, peanut butter, and RITZ than with an ice cream pie? The star of this recipe is the RITZ Cracker Crumble which adds a buttery blast of sweet, salty, and crunchy to this decadent and fun dessert.
YIELD: 8 Servings
For the Ritz Peanut Butter Fudge:
1 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
1 Cups RITZ Crushed Crackers
1/3 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
6 Tbl Unsalted Butter, Melted and Slightly Cooled
For Ritz Cracker Crumble:
2 Cups RITZ Crushed Crackers
4 Tbl Light Brown Sugar, Packed
1 Tbl Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
2 Tbl Crunchy Peanut Butter
For the Ice Cream Pie:
1 Quart Double Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream (or your favorite ice cream)
1 Can Canned Whipped Cream Topping
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
For The Peanut Butter RITZ Cracker Fudge:
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, RITZ Crushed Crackers, peanut butter, and butter until it is mixed completely until it comes together into a smooth ball. The mixture should pliable.
- Evenly press the mixture into a 9inch pie pan, smoothing out at the rim of the pan.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before adding the ice cream layer.
For The RITZ Cracker Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Add the RITZ Crushed Crackers to a large mixing bowl and finely crush any large pieces into smaller pieces with your hands.
- Add the brown sugar and stir to combine. Add the softened butter and peanut butter and knead until the mixture is fully mixed and crumbly.
- Place the mixture onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Crumble the mixture to the texture of granola.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven and allow to cool completely.
To Finish The Ice Cream Pie
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to temper for 10 minutes.
- Scoop all of the ice cream onto the RITZ Cracker Fudge layer of the pie and spread evenly and smoothly, filling the entire surface with no gaps or bubbles.
- Crumble the RITZ Cracker Crumble over the pie, breaking it up finely and covering the entire surface of the pie.
- Garnish the rim off the pie with peaks of canned whipped cream.
- Place the pie back in the freezer for at least 2 hours before serving. It is best to let it freezer for 8-12 hours.
- Remove the pie from the freezer and cut into 8 slices and serve.