In this month’s edition of Menu Tracker’s video series, senior food and beverage editor Bret Thorn tried several different spicy menu items.
This monthly series focuses on the menu items featured in the weekly Menu Tracker column and has NRN’s own Thorn as the taste-tester.
On today’s menu is:
- KFC’s Hot & Spicy Wings: Spicy marinated wings coated in Extra Crispy breading;
- Shake Shack’s Spicy Shackmeister Burger: Beef patty topped with a hot pepper blend, fried onions, chopped cherry peppers, and ShackSauce;
- Wendy’s Pumpkin Spice Frosty: Frosty with flavors of pumpkin and autumn spices including cinnamon and nutmeg and Pumpkin Spice Frosty Cream Cold Brew: Cold brew coffee with Frosty creamer and the same syrup used in the new Frosty;
- Chopt Creative Salad Company’s Tahini Crunch Caesar Salad: Romaine lettuce, cabbage-cilantro blend, grilled chicken, radish, celery, jalapeño pepper, feta cheese, pita chips, and crispy shallots in tahini Caesar dressing featuring Seed + Mill tahini, also available as a wrap; and
- Chipotle Mexican Grill’s Carne Asada: A returning item of grilled meat marinated with garlic, lime, guajillo chiles, and cilantro, price varies by application and location.
Watch the video to see all of Thorn’s reactions.