Foodservice leaders gathered at this year’s Multi-Unit Foodservice Operators conference will toast to some of the best in the industry. Honored throughout the conference, here is a look at the 2010 award winners from Nation’s Restaurant News:
Each year Nation’s Restaurant News recognizes industry leaders who possess a mixture of business savvy, leadership skills and determination, and have guided their companies to success over the past 12 months.
- Q&A with 2010 Golden Chain winner Fred DeLuca
- Q&A with 2010 Golden Chain winner Elie Maalouf
- Q&A with 2010 Golden Chain winner Sally Smith
Subscribers can log in to read the following full stories on each of the winners:
- Sardar Biglari, chairman and chief executive, Steak n Shake
- Fred DeLuca, co-founder and president, Subway Restaurants
- Elie Maalouf, president and chief executive, HMSHost Corp.
- Kevin Reddy, president and chief executive, Noodles & Company
- Sally Smith, president and chief executive, Buffalo Wild Wings
The Norman is an award created to honor the legacy of industry icon Norman Brinker. This year’s inaugural winner, Doug Brooks, chairman, chief executive and president of Brinker International, is the first recipient of The Norman award.
- Doug Brooks leads Brinker into the future (subscribers only)
- VIDEO: Doug Brooks on what he learned from Norman Brinker
Meet this year's crop of Hot Concepts! Award winners, four restaurant concepts that reflect the diversity of the industry as well as its creative and enduring entrepreneurial spirit. The winning concepts were chosen by the editors of Nation’s Restaurant News for their ability to recognize opportunity and seize upon it with unwavering clarity of purpose in spite of the challenging environment.
Exclusive online features on the winners, including videos and photos:
- SLIDESHOW: Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant
- Q&A with Pizza Fusion co-founder Vaughan Lazar
- VIDEO: Shake Shack
- VIDEO: Twin Peaks
Subscribers can log in to read full stories on each of the winners online:
- Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant: Proprietary wine, staff training separate Cooper's from casual-dining pack
- Pizza Fusion: Organic focus, eco-friendly build-outs help execs pursue franchise plan
- Shake Shack: Fine-dining veteran puts upscale spin on classic burger stand
- Twin Peaks: Texas "breastaurant" concept lures guests with cold beer, hot food and showy staff