The annual NRN Top 100 report, now in its 40th year, ranks the largest restaurant chains and foodservice companies based on U.S. sales, unit counts, growth rates, market share and various other metrics. The industry-leading report has been used as a benchmarking tool for restaurants, suppliers, distributors and analysts to track brands, private-equity ownership and industry growth.
This year, the Top 100 U.S. restaurant chain market totals $213.7 billion in sales, a 5-percent increase from a year earlier, and about 34 percent of the $631.8 billion total foodservice universe.
Want more Top 100 and Second 100 information?
Click to find out more about purchasing the Top 200 PDFs and Excel Datafiles.
Use the drop-down menu below to learn more about the report, find chain rankings and dig into segment and trend analysis. (For best results on a mobile device, go to the Top 100 full listing.)
ABOUT TOP 100
RESULTS AND TRENDS
TOP 100 RANKINGS AND DATAThe NRN Top 100 universe is ranked by the following categories. Data tables are available only to NRN All Access subscribers. Subscribe here.
• Chains: U.S. Systemwide Sales
• Chains: Growth in Systemwide Sales
• Chains: U.S. Units
• Chains: Growth in U.S. Units
• Chains: Growth in U.S. Franchised Units
• Chains: Estimated Sales Per Unit
• Chains: Growth in Estimated Sales Per Unit
• Chains: Market Share Segment Analysis
• Companies: U.S. Foodservice Revenue
• Companies: Growth in U.S. Foodservice Revenue
40 YEARS OF TOP 100