Houston-based fast casual Salata has grown to nearly 90 locations since it first opened in 2005. But it wants to accomplish more — a lot more.
President Michelle Bythewood acknowledges that one of her long-term goals is to become a billion-dollar brand (according to the most recent NRN Top 500, the concept did north of $80 million in 2021). To get there, the company spent the past few years retooling in a number of ways to ensure that Salata was in the best position to expand.
Bythewood joined the latest episode of Take-Away with Sam Oches to share more about what that retooling looked like and how changes to the branding, store design and leadership team have set Salata up for franchise growth.
In this conversation, you’ll find out why:
- Customization is here to stay, particularly in healthy eating
- Plenty of guests still want to go inside restaurants — even if they don’t dine in
- Smaller footprints with pick-up windows are still the future
- The customers of today and tomorrow want to understand and connect with your purpose
- You’re only going to go as far as your team will take you
Contact Sam Oches at [email protected].