Rohini Dey has tapped into the power of food to great effect.
The founder of Chicago’s Vermilion restaurant has helped reset Americans’ perception of Indian cuisine through her Indian Latin fusion concept, which she founded in 2003. And recently she’s built a community of women, Let’s Talk Womxn, to support hundreds of food professionals with a forum where they can be open and honest with each other and connect with their peers in the industry
Dey joined the latest episode of Take-Away with Sam Oches to talk about the power of food to bring about positive change, and how she’s doing that not only for Indian cuisines, cultures and flavors, but also for the community around her, including her employees and fellow restaurateurs.
In this conversation you’ll find out why:
- Global flavors have come a long way — and carry incredible potential in the US
- You can embrace a trend without pandering to it
- Surround yourself with people who know how to do what you don’t
- You have to create the change you want to see
- Get out of your bubble and connect with a community of like-minded peers
Contact Sam Oches at [email protected].