MILE-HIGH MOMENTS - Elevating Experiences in Workplace Hospitality
The Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management (SHFM) will host its National Conference October 17 – 19, 2022, at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel. With a theme of MILE-HIGH MOMENTS - Elevating Experiences in Workplace Hospitality, attendees can look forward to educational sessions on professional development and industry issues, interactive events, networking opportunities and national speakers.
Some of the highlights of the 2022 SHFM National Conference include:
Educational Sessions – Throughout the three-day conference, SHFM will hold several educational sessions designed to highlight changes and opportunities in the corporate foodservice and hospitality industry:
- Kickstarter Session – Intentional Hospitality & the Changing Work Environment: Monday, October 17
- Jenna Calhoun, Principal, Sundae Tucker (Moderator)
- Patrick Cheeseman, Managing Director, Workplace Experience, CBRE I Americas Consulting
- Antonio Gray, SVP, Global Food, Enterprise Services Executive, Bank of America
- Mboone Umbima, VP, Brand Strategy, David Rio Chai and Tea
- The Function & Future of Workplace & Workspace: Tuesday, October 18
- Kelly Smith Killian, Chief Content Officer, Wright Creative (Moderator)
- Kelly Dubisar, Design Principal, Gensler
- Mark Freeman, Director of Food and Hospitality, LinkedIn
- Maureen Welch, Global Product Group Leader, Workplace & Integrated Facilities Management, JLL
- Applying Purpose to Business Transformation: Tuesday, October 18
- Davin Salvagno, Keynote Speaker & Author o
- Keynote Stories That Stick: The Irresistible Power of Strategic Storytelling: Wednesday, October 19
- Kindra Hall, President and Chief Storytelling Officer, Steller Collective
- Breakout: Tech Bytes: Where Are We Going?: Wednesday, October 19
- James Cook, Americas Director of Retail Research, JLL (Moderator)
- Joseph Schumaker, FCSI Founder and CEO, FoodSpace®
- Additional presenters will be announced soon!
- Breakout: Trends, Tricks & Truths of Food, Wellness & Nutrition!: Wednesday, October 19
- Alex Howren, Director of Culinary, Guckenheimer @ Google
- Additional presenter will be announced soon!
- Hunger Awareness Activity – Each year, the SHFM National Conference features an event designed to raise funds in support of local hunger initiatives. Thanks to the generosity of SHFM members, we have raised over $100,000 to support local hunger initiatives. This year’s activity, the SHFM Hunger Games, UpRoot Colorado, an organization that works to increase the nutrition security of Coloradans by harvesting and redistributing surplus, nutrient-dense foods while supporting the resilience of farmers.
- Industry Networking Event – Kick off the evening with SHFM’s premier relationship-building opportunity of conference! Greet current colleagues and make new contacts over delicious food selected by the evening’s featured chef. The Industry Networking Event showcases cuisines representative of the local area – so get reacquainted with your SHFM family and experience delicious dishes from the mile-high city … all in one place! Once again chef teams from our host corporations will be displaying their culinary skills as they execute our INE chef’s menu selections. Be sure to meet and thank our lead chefs coordinating this year’s food stations and culinary teams.
Additionally, the recipients of the SHFM 2022 Richard Ysmael Distinguished Service Award, Robert Pacifico Above & Beyond Award, Jay B. Silverstein Lifetime Achievement Award and the President’s Award will be announced at the conference.
For the full agenda and other details about SHFM’s National Conference visit: https://www.shfm-online.org/2022