Sponsored by QU
We have our own comedic drama playing out in the restaurant world. And it’s been going on for far too long. It’s that story about how third-party delivery upended restaurants and disrupted “business as usual.” It’s getting old, like Dr. Strangelove himself!
Operators, I understand your frustration with third-party delivery and your pain is real. But it’s time to take the drama out of third party delivery, and here’s how.
Build with the end in mind: the unified food experience
The ultimate goal of your restaurant is to delight your guests to keep them coming back for more. It sounds simple, but in order to design a solution that works for them, you need to start with their end experience as the guiding compass.
Whether a guest engages with your brand in-store, online, through an app, or on the phone, delivering a consistent experience across all ordering channels is critical. We call this the unified food experience.
Your third-party integrations need to be direct
To ensure minimal drama and friction between your POS and third-party apps, it’s time to cut out the indirect integrations and middleware systems that add extra costs and processes for your team.
A true unified food experience is enabled by a POS platform that is intentionally built with direct integrations to your third-party delivery apps -- eliminating the need for tablet farms and manual order entry into your in-store POS.
Qu’s common core processing engine provides one single business logic base that communicates with third-party delivery through bi-directional integrations. Qu ensures you have access to a clean normalized data set, that flows fluidly between your POS and your third-party sites.
The solution is rooted in direct delivery integrations, driven by a unifying technology that won’t drain operator budgets and time.
How is this possible?
- Unified Menu Management - With Qu-1MENU, operators finally have access to a unified menu that can exist across all of their delivery channels. You can make menu updates universally across your different channels and restaurant chains can customize their configuration settings to determine where the item should display and if the item requires an up-charge or unique promotion for a particular channel.
- Bi-Directional APIs - Qu’s API-first infrastructure means you can say goodbye to brittle integrations and clunky tablet-farms on your counters. Qu’s APIs were written to work with any direct integration, not one specific vendor or data call. The APIs leverage bi-directional data syncs that flow from one database and core processing engine in the cloud, enabling fluid data exchanges that keep your data clean. The data is normalized between delivery and POS systems and therefore the menu items map perfectly.
- Dynamic Menu Items - Qu’s enterprise management hub enables highly dynamic menu items that are changeable based on context. For example, you can configure an item to have unlimited characteristics, which can be customized at any time, for any channel, including:
- Day parts and recurrence
- Order channels offered
- Order types (in-store or delivery only)
- Promotions added
- Imagery, and more!
Having dynamic menu items means you have access to unified data and insights and can retain the integrity of a master menu for reporting purposes. Because our items are dynamic, they can have multiple contextual values for price, availability and display attributes by a group of locations, single location, order channel, order type, or meal period.
So say goodbye manual and painstaking processes to update your menus. Now you can manage your business from one centralized hub.
The benefits of a unified POS platform are hard to dispute:
- Labor Efficiency - Direct integrations remove the need for labor to manage tablets; in-store employees focus 100% on serving live customers.
- Order & Report Accuracy - direct and automated menu mapping between delivery and POS systems increases order accuracy and reporting.
- Cost Control - avoid lost orders and revenue impacts with more unified processes.
- Revenue Acceleration - with consistent and standardized data flowing between systems you can finally see and uncover opportunities for revenue growth.
- Less Risk - fewer integrations means less risk for your business.
It’s time to get back to delighting your guests and increasing your profits.
Improve your efficiency and reclaim the guest experience for third party delivery with a system designed for your brand’s growth, today, and into the future.
No more third-party delivery drama. Get the complete e-Book here..