Sponsored by Mondelēz International
Description: Passatelli is a sort of pasta classically made with day-old bread crumbs. In this version I have substituted breadcrumbs with RITZ Crackers and flavored the dough with Parmesan cheese, lemon zest and fresh nutmeg.
Serving Size: 3 ounces passatelli plus 6 ounces chicken bone broth
Number of Servings: 2
150 grams RITZ Crackers, crumbled
90 grams grated Parmesan cheese
Zest of ½ lemon
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups chicken bone broth
12 leaves Italian parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a food processor, pulse RITZ Crackers together with grated Parmesan cheese until finely chopped.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the RITZ Crackers/Parmesan mixture with lemon zest, nutmeg, salt and eggs. Add flour and work dough until incorporated. Dough will be sticky.
3. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour until firm.
4. Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Using a potato ricer with a ¼-inch hole plate, press half of the dough directly into the boiling water being careful to separate the individual pieces.
5. Cook passatelli for 3 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon to a serving bowl. Repeat with the remaining dough.
6. While passatelli is cooking, bring chicken bone broth to a simmer and season with salt if necessary.
7. Pour hot broth over the passatelli and garnish with parsley leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and a few cracks of black pepper. Enjoy.