Last year, a record $245,000 was raised to support over 27 charities and hospitals across the country. Back again for its 25th year, Tim Hortons Smile Cookie week is a much-anticipated event in so many U.S. and Canadian communities.
“We’re honored to serve our local communities for the 25th year in a row,” says Ricardo Azevedo, President of Tim Hortons, North America. “Every year, it’s so inspiring to see Tim Hortons guests and restaurant owners rally together to give back to their neighbors.”
To participate in this year’s Smile Cookie campaign, visit your local Tim Hortons restaurant or place a digital order through the Tim Hortons app and/or website. The Smile Cookie sells for $1.00, excluding taxes.
For a full list of local charities benefiting from Tim Hortons annual Smile Cookie campaign, visit www.timhortons.com/smile-cookie. Guests can also show how they are supporting the annual campaign by using #SmileCookie hashtag on social media.
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- For over 25 years, Tim Hortons restaurant owners and guests across North America have been spreading smiles.
- The Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 as a way to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants in Canada and US.
- Nationally, Tim Hortons Restaurant owners support more than 27 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign.
- Last year, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $245,000 across US.
- Join the conversation online and share your smiles on social media using the hashtag #SmileCookie.
About TIM HORTONS®
In 1964, the first Tim Hortons® restaurant in Hamilton, Ontario opened its doors and Canadians have been ordering Tim Hortons iconic Original Blend coffee, Double-Double ™ coffees, Donuts and Timbits® in the years since. Over the last 55 years, Tim Hortons has captured the hearts and taste buds of Canadians. Tim Hortons is Canada's largest restaurant chain operating in the quick service industry serving over 5 million cups of coffee every day with 80% of Canadians visiting one of nearly 4,000 Tim Hortons in Canada at least once a month. More than a coffee and bake shop, Tim Hortons is part of the Canadian fabric and guests can enjoy hot and cold specialty beverages – including lattes, cappuccinos and espressos, teas and our famous Iced Capps™ – alongside delicious breakfast, sandwiches, wraps, soups and more. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 restaurants in Canada, the United States and around the world. For more information on Tim Hortons visit TimHortons.ca.