Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is celebrating its founding in 1972 by offering special promotions this month as well as advice from couples married 50 years, the company said Tuesday.
The division of Toronto-based Restaurant Brands International Inc. is marking the brand’s introduction on June 12, 1972, by Al Copeland in New Orleans, La.
As part of the celebration, Popeyes is offering a signature chicken promotion, the return of Cajun Rice, a new video showcasing 50 years of love lessons and a nationwide campaign designed for lovebirds to have their love story of 50 years celebrated.
Starting Tuesday, Popeyes is inviting customers to celebrate with them in a variety of ways:
- Cajun Rice will return to menus for a limited time. Cajun Rice (which in the past had been called Rice Dressing) became a favorite among customers for Cajun and creole seasonings mixed with bell pepper, onion, garlic, celery and cayenne. Popeyes discontinued the menu item in 2021, but customers have on social media said they wanted the side dish back.
- The brand is offering five pieces of breaded chicken for $6.99 in participating markets.
- Popeyes is introducing a new Strawberry Cheesecake Fried Pie at restaurants nationwide.
- The brand invited five diverse couples celebrating their own 50th anniversaries to discuss their own recipes for long-lived love and produced a video available on YouTube.
- The company invites couples, or their family members and friends, to nominate their love story via direct message on Twitter or by emailing [email protected] Popeyes will pick the most heartwarming story to be featured on the national stage in a Popeyes ad.
As of March 31, the end of the first quarter, Popeyes had 3,771 locations worldwide. RBI also owns the Burger King, Tim Hortons and Firehouse Subs brands.