In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Nation's Restaurant News articles, Congress introduces ENTRÉE Act to add $60 billion to the Restaurant Revitalization Fund ranked as the week’s top story. Currently, restaurant operators are awaiting the replenishment of the Restaurant Revitalization Fund after 64% of eligible applicants were not funded by the original $28.6 billion legislation. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Mario Batali, Joseph Bastianich, B&B Hospitality to pay $600,000 in settlement of sexual harassment claims;
- Restaurants and delivery providers shoot to score with customers in new sports tie-ins; and
- The 25 fastest-growing restaurant chains in America by domestic systemwide sales.
In other news, here are the 25 fastest-growing restaurant chains in America by unit count, new items from Applebee’s, Buffalo Wild Wings and Fazoli’s and Subway fields team of sports legends for new ad campaign.
Other top stories:
- McDonald’s sets diversity goals with largest suppliers;
- Anil Yadav’s ‘entrepreneur mindset’ drew him to acquire Taco Cabana; and
- Nicholas Perkins has a plan to re-establish Fuddruckers as gourmet burger leader.