In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Nation's Restaurant News articles, Wendy’s reformulates its French fries ranked as the week’s top story. The new French fry was designed to retain heat and crispness for between 15 and 30 minutes to accommodate the brand’s growth in drive-thru, carry-out and other off-premises sales channels, said John Li, Wendy’s vice president of culinary innovation. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Taco Bell sparks debate with rollout of new Crispy Chicken Sandwich Taco;
- Applebee’s puts smooth marketing moves on ‘Fancy Like’ song; and
- New items from Starbucks, Wendy’s and Taco Bell.
In other news, Yum Brands named Aaron Powell Pizza Hut division CEO, Tom Bené stepped down as president, CEO of the National Restaurant Association, Fat Brands to acquire Twin Peaks from Garnett Station Partners for $300 million.
Other top stories:
- Restaurant employment numbers are still 8% below pre-pandemic levels;
- McDonald’s revisits dining room closure guidelines amid delta variant case surges; and
- 19 indicted in restaurant-linked racketeering case.