Chef’s rule! That was the theme of this year’s MenuMasters event, presented by Nation’s Restaurant News and sponsored by Ventura Foods. The event celebrated six restaurants and two restaurateurs at the annual event held during the NRA Show in Chicago.
The winners were:
- Jeremiah Tower was inducted into the MenuMasters Hall of Fame
- Paul Kahan was named Innovator of the Year
- The Military Sealift Command was named for Healthful Innovation
- Seamore’s was named the Menu Trendsetter
- Taco Bell was honored with Best New Menu Item for its Nacho Fries
- Bonefish Grill was named the winner of the Best Menu Line Extension for its brunch menu
- Culver’s was named the winner of the Best Limited Time Offer for its Pretzel Haus Pub Burger; and
- Piada Italian Street Food was the winner of the Best Menu Revamp for its summer and spring menu.
The eight winners and their teams were honored at the event, where each team cooked up its winning dish to a crowd of hundreds of restaurant industry leaders. Get a behind the scenes look at the culinary teams and learn what Chefs Rule means to them.