Subway has announced the first update to its Subway Series menu since its launch in July 2022, including the addition of new sandwiches and upgraded sandwiches. The Subway Series now includes 18 selections, versus 12, and double the cheese.
Four classic sandwiches are joining the lineup, including Sweet Onion Teriyaki, Italian B.M.T., Chicken & Bacon Ranch and Spicy Italian. Each will feature a few changes:
- #16 All-Pro Sweet Onion Teriyaki: Grilled chicken strips marinated in Sweet Onion Teriyaki sauce, American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and red onions, served on toasted multigrain bread.
- #18: Ultimate B.M.T.: Genoa salami, spicy pepperoni and Black Forest ham stacked on artisan Italian bread, topped with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and red onions and drizzled with MVP Parmesan Vinaigrette.
- #20 Elite Chicken & Bacon Ranch: Monterey cheddar cheese melted on top of rotisserie-style chicken, and topped with hickory-smoked bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and Peppercorn Ranch, all toasted on Artisan Italian bread.
- #23 Hotshot Italiano: Spicy pepperoni, Genoa salami and provolone cheese, topped with jalapeño peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and a drizzle of MVP Parmesan Vinaigrette on Artisan Italian bread.
Additionally, two new subs have been added to Subway’s menu:
- #19 Pickleball Club: Named for one of America’s fastest-growing sports, this toasted sub includes thin-sliced Black Forest ham, bacon and American cheese on Artisan Italian bread, finished with a new honey mustard sauce only featured on this sub.
- #33 Teriyaki Blitz: Steak marinated in Sweet Onion Teriyaki sauce and topped with American cheese, green peppers and red onions, toasted on multigrain bread
In addition to these changes, existing sandwiches — the Bella Mozza and The Champ — are now digital exclusives, available to order online or through the company's app.
At launch, Subway called its Subway Series the biggest menu change in the company’s more than 60-year history. The sandwiches were in development for more than a year and essentially shifted the brand from its customizable, assembly-line model to this curated lineup. The company recently attributed positive traffic and double-digital same-store sales growth in Q1 to this menu innovation.
But the curated lineup is just one of many changes the company has made since John Chidsey was named CEO in late 2019. The company has shifted its focus to multi-unit franchisees, for instance, added automatic meat slicers, introduced more protein options, sharpened its focus on digital and catering, opened a second headquarters in Miami, and more. The private company says it has experienced two straight years of record sales growth and 10 consecutive quarters of positive sales.
In February, Subway announced it was exploring a potential sale. Subway has about 37,000 locations in more than 100 countries.
Contact Alicia Kelso at [email protected]