Food & Wine magazine has named its 10 “Best New Chefs” in the United States.
The potentially career- making list has in the past included chefs such as Thomas Keller, Daniel Boulud and Tom Colicchio.
This year’s list:
• Bowman Brown & Viet Pham of Forage in Salt Lake City, Utah
• Jason Franey of Canlis in Seattle
• Bryce Gilmore of Barley Swine and Odd Duck Farm to Trailer in Austin, Texas
• Stephanie Izard of Girl & The Goat, Chicago
• James Lewis of Bettola in Birmingham, Ala.
• George Mendes of Aldea in New York City
• Carlo Mirarchi of Roberta’s in Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Joshua Skenes of Saison in San Francisco
• Kevin Willmann of Farmhaus in St. Louis, MO
• Ricardo Zarate of Mo-Chica in Los Angeles
The winners are being feted this evening at Bohemian National Hall in New York City. They will be featured in the July issue of Food & Wine magazine and also will attend the 29th annual Food & Wine Classic in Aspen June 17-19.
This is the 23rd year of the awards.
Contact Bret Thorn at [email protected]