The ICR Conference was this week and the NRN editors were on hand to cover it all. Restaurant brands from Shake Shack to BurgerFi to Red Robin all presented during the conference and we got deeper insight into what these companies have planned for 2023. Here are some of the highlights:
- Digital menu boards are popping up everywhere;
- Kiosks will be even an bigger deal than they already are;
- Restaurants will return to growth mode this year, whether through a five-point plan or adding more units; and
- There is optimism in the industry.
For more of our ICR coverage check out the below stories and listen to today’s episode of First Bite.
- How Red Robin is positioning itself for a comeback
- Denny’s focuses on staffing, return to all-day hours and value
- How Dutch Bros grew traffic without depending on price increases
- Kura Sushi is starting to realize the benefits of scale
- Shake Shack is optimistic as sales and margins improve
- Portillo’s newer markets are outpacing its core Midwest restaurants
- With a strong menu in place, Noodles & Company to focus on digital innovation
- BurgerFi looks to acquire more brands after successful Anthony’s brand merger
- Jack in the Box sets sights on refranchising, tech improvements
- Why El Pollo Loco executives are bullish about 2023