WOWorks, parent to such restaurant brands as Saladworks, Frutta Bowls and Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh, has debuted seven digital-only brands, the company announced Wednesday.
St. Petersburg, Fla.-based portfolio company, which also owns The Simple Greek, Barberitos Southwestern Grille and Cantina, and Zoup! Eatery, said the seven new offerings, ranging from sandwiches to irresistible acai bowls, were developed as online-only delivery and takeout concepts in collaboration with Olo, the software-as-a-service platform.
"WOWorks's new virtual brands are a testament of its guests increasing demand for more nutritious and flavorful meal options that can be enjoyed on-the-go," said Kelly Roddy, CEO of WOWorks, in a statement. "Our partnership with Olo will allow WOWorks' franchisees to add on additional revenue streams that can leverage their existing menu offerings in front of an increasing audience on third-party online food delivery sites,"
WOWorks' new digital-only offerings are:
- Soup Works — A virtual brand of Saladworks that offers a variety of soups.
- Stack'd Sandwiches — A virtual brand of Saladworks that offers a menu of signature sandwiches and panini melts.
- Toasty — A virtual brand of Frutta Bowls that features toast-based items.
- Spoon Me — A virtual brand of Frutta Bowls that serves acai, pitaya, coconut, and blended kale bowls topped with fruit.
- Sips — A virtual brand of Frutta Bowls that offers a variety of smoothies.
- Titan Gyros — A virtual brand from Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh that features double-stuffed gyros.
- MacLove – A virtual brand of Zoup that features mac-and-cheese recipes.
“Third-party delivery services, such as DoorDash, UberEats, and Grubhub, have become the driving force behind a culinary revolution, reshaping the way consumers experience food,” WOWorks said in a press release. “By introducing these innovative virtual brands, WOWorks opens fresh revenue streams for its franchisees, propelling growth.”
WOWorks was formed in 2020 with a group of health-oriented brands available through a variety of channels, both traditional and non-traditional, including ghost kitchens, food trucks, and grocery retail. It is fully owned by Centre Lane Partners LLC.
Contact Ron Ruggless at [email protected]
Follow him on Twitter: @RonRuggless