In this video edition of Menu Tracker, Nation’s Restaurant News senior food and beverage editor Bret Thorn samples food from five chains and gives his honest feedback about them, and about the perils of delivery.
You’ll learn what Bret thinks about:
- Chipotle’s new Garlic Guajillo Steak: Beef marinated with garlic and guajillo peppers and finished with lime and cilantro, around $12.39;
- Chick-fil-A’s Autumn Spice Milkshake: Icedream frozen dessert with cinnamon and bits of brown sugar cookies, starting at $4.29 and the Grilled Spicy Deluxe Chicken Sandwich: Returning from last fall, grilled chicken marinated in spicy seasoning on toasted multigrain brioche bun with Colby Jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, and optional cilantro lime sauce that was developed for it, starting at $6.05;
- Shake Shack’s Pumpkin Patch Shake: Libby’s pumpkin purée spun with vanilla frozen custard, cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with whipped cream and candied pumpkin seeds, starting at $6.09;
- Chopt’s Zesty Italian Caesar Salad: Grilled chicken, spicy giardiniera, grape tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, croutons, romaine lettuce and Chopt salad blend with Basil Caesar Dressing, $11.89-$13.69; and
- McDonald’s Cheese Danish: Flaky pastry with a sweet cream cheese filling topped with buttery streusel and a drizzle of vanilla sauce, price varies by location.