Denny’s Corp., the diner brand, has expanded its permanent menu with French toast dishes, the company said this week.
The Spartanburg, S.C.-based family-dining company said it was aiming the new items at diners a little decadence.
“Our new French toast bread is made in the brioche style and is decadent, yet soft and light,” said Sharon Lykins, Denny’s vice president of product innovation, in a statement. “We hand-dip every slice in our rich egg batter and grill it to golden perfection. And for the stuffed French toast version, we blend ricotta, cream cheese, and a few secret ingredients to create the perfect fluffy filling. Then, we top it off with fresh berries and puree. We are so excited to bring this menu option to breakfast lovers and Denny’s guests, along with a sandwich and four entree salads.”
Among the new menu items are:
- Brioche French Toast Slam – Three slices of soft, golden Brioche bread, hand-dipped in Denny’s house-made batter and grilled, finished with a butter blend, and dusted with powdered sugar. Brioche French Toast is available to order as a side or as part of a Slam meal served with two cage-free eggs made to order, two bacon strips, and two sausage links.
- Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Slam – Four slices of fluffy Brioche French Toast stuffed with sweet cream cheese filling and topped with strawberries, strawberry sauce, and powdered sugar. Strawberry Stuffed French Toast is served with two cage-free eggs made to order, two bacon strips, and two sausage links.
- Sweet Cream Cold Brew – A medium roast, single-origin Colombian coffee poured over ice and topped with sweet cream for a swirly appearance.
- Hershey’s Chocolate Pancake Puppies – Pancake batter mixed with cocoa and chocolate chips, tossed in powdered sugar and served with cream cheese icing for dipping.
- Egg-Cellent Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad – Grilled chicken, bacon, avocado, grape tomatoes, cheddar cheese, a hard-boiled egg and potato sticks atop a bed of iceberg mix with a choice of dressing.
- Let's Cobb About It Prime Rib Cobb Salad – Prime rib, bacon, avocado, grape tomatoes, cheddar cheese, a hard-boiled egg and potato sticks atop a bed of iceberg mix with a choice of dressing.
- Mama's Fried Chicken House Salad – Fried chicken tenders, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, cheddar cheese and croutons atop a bed of iceberg mix with a choice of dressing.
- Salmon Salad Your Way – Grilled wild-caught Alaskan salmon filet with a blend of garlic and herbs, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, cheddar cheese and croutons atop a bed of iceberg mix with a choice of dressing.
- Crispy Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich - Fried chicken breast with white cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and ranch dressing on grilled artisan bread.
The new menu items are available in Denny's locations nationwide, the company said.
As of Sept. 27, Denny's had 1,588 franchised, licensed and company restaurants, which includes 166 restaurants in Canada, Costa Rica, Curacao, El Salvador, Guam, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.
Contact Ron Ruggless at [email protected]
Follow him on X/Twitter: @RonRuggless