The James Beard Foundation fêted winners of its 2015 awards Monday night at the Lyric Opera of Chicago. While chefs and restaurants based in New York dominated the top categories, Jessica Largey of Manresa in Los Gatos, Calif., was named Rising Star Chef, an honor that can be career-making.
The award for Outstanding Chef, considered the highest honor of the evening, went to Michael Anthony of Gramercy Tavern in New York City, a fine-dining restaurant that is part of Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group. Bâtard, also in New York City, was named Best New Restaurant. Christina Tosi, of Momofuku in New York City, was named Outstanding Pastry Chef. And Blue Hill at Stone Barns, located just outside the Big Apple, in Pocantico Hills, N.Y., received the award for Outstanding Restaurant.
• James Beard 'Rising Star' nominees dominated by newcomers
• James Beard Foundation names 2015 award nominees
• A look at 2015 James Beard Award semifinalists by region
• Alton Brown to host 2015 James Beard Awards
• James Beard Awards to stay in Chicago until 2017
Photos: Galdones Photography