Tropical Smoothie Café said it will add sandwiches and flatbreads to its breakfast menu on Sept. 1.
The 285-unit smoothie and sandwich chain, which is based in Destin, Fla., will introduce three ciabatta sandwiches, two flatbreads and a new Triple Berry Oat Smoothie. They will be offered through Dec. 26, the chain said.
“Smoothies are a natural breakfast item, and we have more than 35 of them," said Jim Valentino, president and chief operating officer of Tropical Smoothie Café. "Now we are providing even more breakfast options and making them available all day long.”
The ciabatta sandwiches will be sold at a recommended price of $3.49 and include:
• Kick Start with egg, spicy ham, bacon and buffalo sauce.
• Reggae Riser with egg, mozzarella, ham, pineapple and jerk sauce.
• Classic with egg, cheddar and American cheeses and sausage.
The grilled flatbreads, also at a recommended $3.49, include:
• Marinara Morning with egg, mozzarella cheese, sausage and marinara sauce.
• Pesto Paradise with egg, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, ham, tomatoes and pesto.
The new Triple Berry Oat Smoothie, $4.99, features blueberries, cranberries and strawberries with a blend of whole-grain oats, flax, whey, multivitamins and Splenda sweetener.
Tropical Smoothie Café, founded in 1997, has units in 34 states.
Contact Ron Ruggless at [email protected]