Family dining brand Denny’s has debuted six new cheese-themed limited-time offer dishes that it hopes to promote with “cheesy” contributions from customers.
Denny’s, which earlier this year celebrated another indulgent item, bacon, with its Baconalia LTO menu, will run the “Let’s Get Cheesy” promotion until early November.
“It’s a celebration of cheese,” said John Dillon, vice president for marketing and product innovation for the Spartanburg, S.C.-based Denny’s. “Americans love cheese. We’re taking the love of cheese to the next level.”
To create a buzz around the cheese LTOs, Denny’s is asking customers to enter their cheesiest pick-up lines and jokes in a “cheesiest joke” competition on Twitter.
Facebook fans also can participate with cheesy motivational e-cards and a cheesy photo generator.
“Besides having fun with the food, we’re also having fun with the communications,” Dillon said.
Television commercials promoting the cheesy dishes will start Sept. 5, he said.
The six dishes are:
• Mac ’n Cheese Big Daddy Patty Melt: a hand-pressed beef patty topped with macaroni and cheese, melted Cheddar cheese and Frisco sauce on grilled potato bread, served with a side of wavy-cut French fries, for $7.99.
• Cheese Please Omelette: a three-egg omelet with a blend of cheeses folded in, topped with a cheese sauce and diced tomatoes, served with hash browns and choice of bread, for $5.99.
• The Winner Winner Cheesy Dinner: two fried chopped beef steaks covered in Pepper Jack cheese sauce, served with a side of macaroni and cheese, broccoli topped with cheese sauce, and dinner bread, for $8.49.
• The Cheesy Breakfast Sampler: a Cheddar-smoked sausage, two eggs scrambled with Cheddar cheese, hash browns topped with melted shredded Cheddar cheese, and choice of bread, for $4.99.
• Say Cheese Sizzlin’ Skillet: a blend of diced Cheddar smoked sausage, fire-roasted peppers and onions, grape tomatoes and seasoned red-skinned potatoes topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, cheese sauce and two eggs cooked to customers’ preference, for $6.99.
• The Big Cheese Country-Fried Steak & Eggs: a fried chopped beef steak covered in Pepper Jack cheese sauce, served with hash browns topped with melted shredded Cheddar cheese, two eggs cooked to customers’ preference, and choice of bread, for $6.99.
During the “Let’s Get Cheesy” promotion, customers also can add a cheese option to any dish for 69 cents. In addition, they can substitute a side dish of macaroni and cheese for any entrée at no extra charge.
Denny’s has 1,600 units.